Not a day goes by that I don’t learn something new about this incredibly complex condition known as EMF Sensitivity.
Everything was going along nicely. Ghost in the Mirror would be available for purchase soon, I was a third of the way through a new novel, I was sleeping well, and I was feeling fantastic. Then…bam!
I was too tired to write. I got insomnia. I began experiencing aches in my joints. I developed the mother of all migraines. I got the largest, most painful canker sore I’ve ever experienced. I developed TMJ.
I couldn’t figure out what was causing all this hoopla. I hadn’t changed my routine and as far as I knew, nothing in my environment had changed.
Aha! Careful introspection left me wondering if it could be …
A Healing Crisis?
It had been eons since I’d had TMJ yet here it was again. It had been almost two decades since I’d had such a debilitating migraine yet for three days I suffered. I couldn’t remember ever having a canker sore that big or that painful. Hmmmm
I found an article that confirmed my gut feelings and while I felt better about what was causing it, physically, I was feeling awful.
Insight. The symptoms I experienced had nothing to do with EMF Sensitivity and everything to do with the overall detoxification process I’ve been going through for the past ten months as part of healing my immune system.
.What is Healing? All of this made me look at my day to day life. I have healed the symptoms I suffered but I have not healed the sensitivity. I now realize that’s not possible.
Sensitivity and the symptoms are separate.
Sensitivity is an awareness. Symptoms happen when the immune system responds to a perceived threat. If the immune system is not functioning property it may perceive a threat where none exists. Some EMF Sensitivity Symptoms are not caused by EMFs but rather by other environmental factors.
I am 95 – 99% healed from my symptoms. Outside of this crisis, I’m doing very well. I sleep through the night, I no longer have difficulty breathing. I don’t have fog brain or extreme fatigue. I no longer suffer the symptoms I document in my book Riding the Waves: Diagnosing, Treating, and Living with EMF Sensitivity.
I’m still aware of EMFs, both geologic and technologic. They just don’t make me ill.
- Technology is not a problem. I don’t have an issue around smart meters or bluetooth or WiFi.
- I still know when an earthquake is imminent., but instead of feeling sick before it hits, I hear a high-pitched ring in my left ear. The length and intensity match the duration and strength. of the earthquake.
- I hear a high-pitched ring when Apple TV is plugged in. The pitch is higher in the upper outlet so I use the lower one and unplug it when we aren’t using it.
- I hear some sort of morse code sound. periodically We live near a military installation but I can’t be certain that is the source.
- I know when I’m standing on landfill. I don’t care for the feeling but many businesses are located on landfill so I have to tolerate it while visiting.
- I know when I’m around fissures (even if they haven’t gotten to the surface). I don’t care for the feeling so I try to avoid spending great lengths of time at such locations.
There are plenty of remedies to relieve and eliminate symptoms** but…
We are human and our immune systems serve an important function. The immune system protects us by making us aware of our environments and how they may be affecting us. We can then take that information and make decisions that keep us safe and healthy.
We can decide to leave the environment, to remain, or to remain and make changes that better serve us.
Live With It. The symptoms are not caused by the sensitivity but by other environmental factors. The sensitivity is just the immune system doing its job. Its healthy awareness.
You can dull your senses but in doing so you shut down a key safety switch.
Far better then to heal the symptoms and live a life of healthy awareness.
You may feel the symptoms around a stimulus but this does not mean the stimulus is the root cause. For example, low potassium is one reason you feel EMF Sensitivity symptoms. Replenish this mineral and the symptoms go away. The awareness, however, may remain.
** I document the remedies and the science behind them in Riding the Waves.